VAMPIRE is an industry standard software package that simulates rail vehicles on track. It’s often used in rail vehicle design and evaluation, derailment modeling, and ride quality simulation.
It is a valuable tool for rail vehicle builders, track designers, derailment investigators, track maintenance analysts, and consultants.
- Interactive vehicle builder—Allows user to build a vehicle model in a 3-D environment
- Wheel/Rail modeling—Can import measured wheel profiles from MiniProf and simulate the performance of the actual wheels
- Track data—Can import track geometry measured by hand or by a track geometry vehicle
- Automation routines—Capable of running batch processes and looped parameter studies
- Filtering—ISO 2631 Ride Comfort Filters and Vibration Dose Indexes are included
- Animation—High quality animation capability can apply shapes to both vehicle and track, and structure