ENSCO has operated and maintained track inspection vehicles for more than 50 years. Our staff has direct experience supporting railroads in establishing the operational procedures for successful track geometry test programs, ultrasonic rail test programs, track mapping programs, and many others.
This experience and knowhow includes all aspects of the test regime, including safety procedures, operational procedures, data distribution, establishment of thresholds, and establishment of test frequencies.
Additionally, ENSCO can support the operation and maintenance of all test and measurement equipment on a turnkey basis or a knowledge transfer partnership to effectively train railroad staff.
Track Inspection Technology Operations Program and Processes Implementation
ENSCO is a world leader fully developing track inspection programs — from maximizing track inspection technology to building internal processes and developing documentation.
ENSCO’s expertise in this area can be applied to:
- Building internal staffing requirements and training plans to facilitate the establishment of quality in-house staff for the asset’s life and in a manner consistent with the railway’s practices.
- Building operation plans on how to integrate track inspection vehicles into railway operations, including track control interaction, surveying, and storage.
- Building maintenance plans incorporating railway’s maintenance resources.
- Building or updating internal track inspection standards to incorporate the track inspection technology. This can include recommended exception thresholds and maintenance responses to exceptions.
- Providing financial analysis and budget planning.