Showcasing machine vision track inspection technology and track asset management and decision support
Falls Church, Va., January 4, 2018
ENSCO Rail, an international leader in advanced rail technology solutions for passenger, transit and freight markets, will be participating in the Transportation Research Board 97th Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., Jan. 7-11.
ENSCO will be exhibiting in Booth 244 and showcasing technology and expertise in machine vision track inspection, and linear asset management and decision support. In the booth, ENSCO will demonstrate the following technologies and demonstrations:
- Virtual Track Walk—Provides high-resolution, synchronized images in your office to conduct linear asset inspections and asset audits.
- GeoEdit 8—Allows measurement data viewing, report generation, and data export for your needs.
- Digital Track Notebook®—Allows for paperless record keeping of manned inspections of linear assets.
- Automated Maintenance Advisor—Uses condition data to aid in developing maintenance plans.
In addition, ENSCO subject matter experts will be contributing to the technical panels and presentations:
- Steven Chrismer will preside at the Sunday Workshop, “Understanding and Managing the Complex World of Wheel–Rail Interaction, Part 2,” and present a case study titled, “Investigating and Treating Accelerated Wheel Flange Wear on New York City Transit.”
- Cory Hogan will present a paper titled, “Automated VAMPIRE for Various Purposes, Including Derailment Risk Identification and Derailment Investigation.”
- Matthew Dick, Zhipeng Liu and Samson Yilma will present a paper titled, “Quantifying Rail Surface Condition using Machine Vision”
The Transportation Research Board 97th Annual Meeting is expected to attract more than 13,000 transportation professionals from around the world. The meeting program will cover all transportation modes, with more than 5,000 presentations in nearly 800 sessions and workshops, addressing topics of interest to policy makers, administrators, practitioners, researchers, and representatives of government, industry and academic institutions. A number of sessions and workshops will focus on the spotlight theme for the 2018 meeting: Transportation: Moving the Economy of the Future.
ENSCO RAIL, INC.
A wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc.
For more than 45 years, ENSCO has been leading the rail industry worldwide in developing new and advanced technologies to improve the safety, security and quality of their operations. ENSCO is a leading provider of automated and autonomous inspection systems, web-based data management systems, vehicle dynamics analysis and simulations, and large-scale systems integration for federal and commercial railways. The ENSCO name represents the rail industry’s premier source for track inspection, vehicle/track interaction monitoring, railroad asset management technology, and PTC/train control inspection and services. The ENSCO Rail subsidiary provides products and services to commercial customers. Learn more