IData Visual Systems®
An embedded graphical application must meet the rigors of real world performance and reliability on constrained resources. IData® achieves this, while offering the flexibility to integrate with real-time operating systems, and numerous hardware and software configurations. The tool set supports dynamic graphical data displays with innovative user interaction, live video, sensor data, and powerful geospatial information with complex 3-D content.
The IData Advantage
An embedded graphics application needs to meet the rigors of real-world requirements. Responsiveness and reliability are critical even in environments with constrained computing resources and small footprints. IData offers easy-to-use content creation tools that enable developers to rapidly prototype graphic displays. In IData, graphical and logical content are not represented as source code, but in optimized data arrays, encoding both the graphical appearance and logical behaviors of graphical objects into a fast rendering format supported by the IData Runtime. Changes to content in a graphical application simply require changes to the data, not the rendering application itself. This enables the deployment of new capabilities in the most reliable and cost-efficient capacity to — new target platforms — or anywhere the IData Runtime has been ported.
Our online technical support center is now available. In continuing efforts to improve our customer’s experiences with the IData Tool Suite and IGL, we have created a technical website dedicated to the technical aspects of our tools.
Perfect for Many Applications
IData has been successfully deployed in diverse applications from safety-critical DO-178B/C certified cockpit displays to Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) control systems and ground stations. IData’s tightly integrated digital moving map generator and a 3-D scene manager enable applications, such as in-flight entertainment, navigation systems, and synthetic vision displays, that require geo-registered information to be easily implemented. A single application can be hosted on a variety of target systems from small smartphone type devices to war room displays and typical avionics cockpit displays.
- Logic Modeler — Powerful capabilities enable HMI developers to graphically construct logic models that specify the behavior of the HMI.
- IDataMotif Library — An extensive set of widgets that support key UI features, such as popup menus, tabular data displays, tabbed panels, combo boxes, list boxes, radio groups, and more.
- Standards Support — Runtime support for OpenGL®, OpenGL ES, and OpenGL ES SC.
- Integrated Digital Geospatial Data Engines — Integrated digital geospatial content combines raster chart data, satellite imagery, vector datasets, and DTED elevation into a globally referenced data fusion environment with full support for interactive custom overlays, MIL-STD-2525B overlays, and C4ISR overlays. In addition, the integrated 3-D scene manager includes database tools for the creation of graphical HMIs and dynamic graphic displays.
- IData HSL Generator — IData does not generate code. Rather, IData HSL Generator generates data from the designs created within the IData Modeler. This technology was adopted from the gaming industry as the most efficient and optimized way to render complex animated graphic images. This data is then read by the IData Runtime, allowing for a runtime that doesn’t change every time there is a need to change the interface.
- True Rapid Prototyping — Since the IData Runtime that resides on the target system processes data only, the data produced from the HSL Generator can be overlaid on the fly in the target system, without the need to reboot, restart or reload the target system. This can support “man in the loop” development and testing.
- Image and HMI importers — Easily import legacy graphic images and applications developed in other tools into the IData Tool Suite.
- Platform Independent Runtime — The IData Runtime is designed to be platform independent, allowing users to choose their hardware without being relegated to specific processors, RTOS or graphics chips.
- DO-178B/C Certifiable Runtime — IData Visual Systems has performed the required testing, verification and analysis on the IData Runtime to support a DO-178B/C project. The IData Certification Kit contains the Planning Documents, Requirements and Verification artifacts required by the FAA/TC.
IData® and IData Visual Systems® are registered trademarks of ENSCO, Inc. and may not be used for any purpose without the written permission of ENSCO, Inc.