Combined Vision System (CVS)
Improves pilot safety and operational efficiency
To address the limitations of traditional Enhanced Vision Systems (EVS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS), ENSCO Avionics Canada developed the Combined Vision System (CVS).
- Extracts information from SVS and EVS images and fuses it into a single image
- Provides operators with the best information available from both systems
- Combines information that is currently displayed on multiple displays or on paper charts into a single image on a single display
- Optimizes the display to show critical information needed to perform the current task
- Enables users to select between EVS and SVS images, or to select only the EVS image for display
With our CVS, today’s pilots can fly in low visibility conditions with greater confidence than ever before. CVS combines EVS, including Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) and millimeter wave radar to provide images of external terrain, with the SVS.
Limitations to using EVS and FLIR
- Infrared sensors cannot see through low visibility situations (e.g., brownout or inclement weather).
- All EVS sensors have a limited field of view.
- SVS is driven by stored databases, which may not reflect the latest changes in terrain.
ENSCO Avionics combines multiple sources of information
- Database to display terrain
- Bathymetry data for maritime operation
- Urban features and obstacles
- Controlled/special use air space
SVS synthesizes all this information into a single 3-D computer-generated image, allowing the air crew to observe information in a format that is easily interpreted and intuitive to use. Flight crews can now see through low visibility situations, such as haze, clouds, fog, rain, snow, dust, and smoke.
CVS allows flexibility with your current software and hardware
- Integrates with exisiting systems
- Minimizes costly system modifications
- Benefits any platform from military aircraft to commercial aircraft
- Makes operating in a degraded environment safer
- Reduces training time for your aircrews by keeping your current system
- Processes information from a variety of sensor types and manufacturers, independent of EVS